Thursday, June 09, 2005

So people over at the household here like to play games with each other alot. I am not a big game (elephants?) person. More often than not when I play a game I get filled with quite a bit of tension. You know, trying to beat someone and all can do that. Everything you do for a very short amount of time is important in your quest to win the game. I find this sort of false conflict between me and a person I usually enjoy being around quite distasteful. It often feels like simply creating a problem for it's own sake. Also, conflicts and attitudes taken in games can make their way into other areas of life. Playing a game has a way of concentrating aspects of an individual (greed, curtness, too serious, never serious, etc.) in a way that can illustrate quite rapidly a way in which a person can irk you. Anyway... summary:

1. unnecessary internal tension=bad
2. support of dislike towards a person due to small personality differences=bad
3. games that are fun and play down conflict=good
4. E.T. for Atari=aweful

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?