Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hey everyone, I went dancing tonight!!!

Swing dancing!!!

Anyway, so Rachelle ended up getting a pretty bad headache while we were there. She was at a Mexican orphanage all day, so it is quite understandable that she would get a little worn out. (Yes, right now I'm just trying to brag about her.) So she has a headache and we just sit out for a while. Eventually I get up to get her some water. This is when she turned to fly paper.

Flies=Young (or not so) men hunting for a dance.

So I get back with the water, and apparently the flys had swarmed once I got up, and the excuse of "I have a bad headache" that Rachelle gave didn't sit too well. I mean seriously, sounds bogus to you, doesn't it? So we just sit there for a while, being a disgusting new couple. Then my hero walks up.

Most guys would get the idea to stand back and search out someone else, but alas these were not the thoughts in this man's head. He walks up to me and asks,

"Excuse me Sir. Would it be alright if I ask her for a dance?"

At this moment Rachelle's housemates see this and start to laugh somewhat discretely and make a buzzing sound reminisient of a certain annoying, four winged arthropod. This is when I break out the cool, look at Rachelle, and proceed to mutter,

"Umm... well... didn't you have a headache... or... well...are you feeling ... (mumble, mumble)... (something nerdy)...."

Anyway, so why was this guy my hero? First off, the confidence he displayed was quite impressive. Secondly, he gave me a little reminder of how impressive my girlfiend is that others will make an attempt in the face of assured defeat. Third, despite his obvious cool, and my obvious lack of knowledge of proper social interaction, I have somehow convinced her to give her time and affection to me. Quite awesome. Thank you, Rachelle!



(Sorry 'bout the self glorifying post, but I gotta work up the habit again, and I just wanna talk up Rachelle as much as I can.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?