Sunday, December 12, 2004

As many of you may know, I live in a house of all guys. Now, some of the stereotypes of this situation are correct: empty pizza boxes in the kitchen, constant faux harassment between roommates, and “science experiments”.

One recent science experiment was a platter of Subway sandwiches that Bobby brought home from a shoot. The refrigerator is pretty full so they never made it in. Instead they decided to grow quite a mane to protect themselves from the elements. And it was quite a mane indeed.

I myself have participated in the insanity too. I like applesauce from time to time, but not always, so applesauce has a tendency to stay in the fridge for a while. Today turned out to be one of the few days that I would choose to partake in the simple concoction. So I reach in the fridge and blindly fumble around to find the aging jar. I find it and pull it out. But wait, this is not the most recent jar. Turns out that I had opened another jar before I was totally finished with the last one. Well, might as well clean it out.

It must have been in there for quite a while, and I must have closed it pretty tight. There was no visible mold, so it was probably hermetically sealed, a jar in total homeostasis. Well, things were not quite so inactive. I go to open the jar and…










Kaboom!!!

The jar goes off with a huge pop and sprays applesauce into the next room. I guess it must have fermented or something. Pretty disgusting, but totally worth it. I mean seriously, take the cheap thrills where you can get ‘em.

Oh yeah, and eat you fruits and vegetables.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?