Sunday, June 13, 2004

So I go to the Spectrum Club, usually twice a week. This is where I do manly things to make myself seem more manly despite my soft skin and ridiculously unmanly eyelashes. Anyway, a while ago Bobby, my hookup, informed me that they serve beer there. At first I thought that this was a weird thing for a health club to do, but it turns out that alot of people like to enjoy a beer after a vigorous game of raquetball. Makes sense, but there is weirder stuff.

Bobby called in Ernesto today to fix the furnace in the steam room. I commented that people who know how to fix things are becoming few and far between. Bobby then informed me that Ernesto doesn't really fall into this category.

"He just comes over here, messes around with stuff, and then smokes pot out back."

Interesting. Turns out that this is not all that uncommon at Spectrum. There is a room, way upstairs, that gets quite a bit of use. Some of the ceiling panels are missing. People get drunk in there and throw the empty cans into the ceiling. There was a half empty Miller Lite up there tonight. But the best part, people shoot up there. There were some syringe tops and a whole slew of antiseptic swabs.

Viva la fitness!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?