Thursday, May 13, 2004

So the other day I'm at Sears, you know, 'cause I work there and junk, and I'm talking to one of my managers. So we're going up the escalator talking about something, either how I was awesome or how I had screwed up, when a customer behind us that neither of us had noticed starts talking to us.

Customer(I assume. Didn't actually see her buy anything.): Have you noticed that right now we're taking Schindler's Lift.

The escalators are made by the company Schindler. Awesome. More Sears stuff... NOW!!!

Patriotism is the New Black


So I'm folding shirts the other day 'cause I had nothing else to do. They were cheap shirts. Five bucks. They were also "patriotic". They have a picture of an Eagle, the feathers of which resemble an American flag, say "Eagle" on them in big letters, and then say "An American Tradition". Wow! If you know me, I find most "patriotism" to be kinda funny, and this was no exception. So I fold like three of these shirts. Then I get to the fourth, but there is no eagle. Instead, Stockcar!!! Huh? Turns out it is a whole series of shirts. Baseball, Patriotism, Beer, etc. There was a "Handyman" one that had been printed wrong and did not say "An American Tradition", just a shirt that says "Handyman". My favourites though were "Hunting", with a picture of a deer on it, flagged hued of course. I guess we're supposed to shoot the flag. And the best, "Soccer, An American Tradition". What? Since when is soccer American? Soccer is a bigger sport in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY than it is in America. Have you heard of any soccer news since Brandy Chastain pulled off her shirt in the '99 World Cup? I think the only less American sports would be Rugby, 'cause it is like football but way better, and Jai-Alai. Anyway, the construction of the shirts is also interesting. In big letters on the tag: Fabric Made in America. Then below in a much smaller font: Assembled in Mexico. I guess they should have made another shirt, "Outsourcing". Anyway....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?