Monday, March 01, 2004

While at Starbucks today after work I managed to spill the good majority of the contents of a bottle of apple juice into my crotch. This afforded me the excuse to rub my crotch (with napkins) in public. Whether I have been looking for this opportunity or not, I cannot say. What I can say though is LB.

On the Lingo Front
In the movie Hype, which is about the "Grunge" movement of the early nineties, they get into the matter of lingo. Apparently Grunge was so popular that reporters were calling up anyone identified with it to try to get any sort of story out of them. One time they called up someone at Sub Pop, the big Grunge record label, and asked for all the Grunge slang. THe person at the label thought all the attention the media had been paying to them was ridiculous, so they just made up a bunch of slang on the spot. It ran as "Lexicon of Grunge:Breaking the Code" in the sidebar of a New York Times article. Here is said "lexicon".

wack slacks: old ripped jeans
fuzz: heavy wool sweaters
plats: platform shoes
kickers: heavy boots
swingin' on the flippety-flop: hanging out
bound-and-hagged: staying home on friday or saturday night
score: great
harsh realm: bummer
cob nobbler: loser
dish: desirable guy
bloated, big bag of blotation: drunk
lamestain: uncool person
tom-tom club: uncool outsiders
rock on: a happy goodbye

Some are quite obvious, but I am in awe of wack slacks, lamestain, and cob nobbler. Bobby and I have applied the our own inanity to the mix and have gotten lampstamp. I suppose c00b n00bler would not be out of the quetsion either. In other lingo news, Anna has picked up on the ball. One thing she is on the ball with is quiting Sears. Her last day is Saturday. Whether I'll see her past that is entirely up to her. But then again, why would anyone want associate with a lampstamp c00b n00bler of such proportions as myself?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?