Monday, March 01, 2004

Today at Sears a guy used his Sears card. On the back of the card it said "Ask for ID". I went through with this request. As I'm looking at the ID I notice that his middle initial is X. Intrigued, I ask him.

Me: What's the X for?
Customer: Nothing. It is just X. I'm from a military family, and when you don't have a middle name they just put an X.
Me: Glad I asked. Quite interesting.
Customer: Yeah, and with a first name like Barksdale you don't really need a middle name.
Me: Yeah, that's like for names in one.
Customer: I just have people call me Dale.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Sears customers are not nearly as interesting as Barksdale X. Hales.

There was another quite friendly customer yesterday. A woman. Not particularly attrative at all, physically that is. But she was incredibly nice with a great British accent. I really do enjoy those. Good voices in general. I think voice has to make up at least 20 percent of attractiveness, at least for me. I also can very easily remember exactly what a person sounds like, but I have an awful time putting together faces in my head. Luckily we have pictures to help us remember, such as this one.


HEY EVERYONE!!! CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME NEW ONLINE NETWORK POINTLESS FUN NUMBER ONE A OKAY CHIEF THING.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?