Sunday, February 08, 2004

Smaug (the daug) has learned that doors can appear to be closed without actually being closed. Thus she will push her way into many rooms, especially if someone is in there. What she hasn't learned to do is listen for the sound of the door "clicking" shut. So if you walk into a room and close the door behind you completely, often you will hear the Thud of Smaug in no time at all. I wonder if she will learn.

Actual exchange in KFC today:

Customer: Is that pork?
Employee: No. Everything here is chicken.

I believe the proper desciption of this would be heat lampy.

Had a Sam Adams with my chicken. It might be a little premature for me to come to this conclusion, but I don't think that it really is always a good decision.

Conversation had on my phone last night at the Arco in front of Spectrum.

Anna: You're going out with us tomorrow night.
Me: Well, I suppose so.
Anna: No. There is no supposition about it.
Me: Supposition? Is that a word?
Anna: I'm not sure, but I'm stickin' with it.

Marie assures me that this is a real word and that is an acceptable way to use it. Awesome.

Last night I wen to David's. Bobby and I took separate cars. He parked at CalTech because you can only park on the street for two hours. He then tried to get into my car so I could drive us over to David's. We couldn't get the passanger door opened, so he came in through the window. When we got to David's I turned the car off and tried to get out. Neg. We were stuck in my car. I had to turn the car back on, roll down the window, and unlock it from the outside. Then I had to walk around and unlock Bobby's door because he was being all lampy and saying, "I have to use the bathroom!" Lamps Plus, dude.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?