Friday, January 23, 2004

Ira Glass was in the documentary that I watched the other day. He is a guy on the NPR (National Public Radio). He has a very distinctive voice and hosts a show called This American Life. It’s a good show. An hour of about 4 true stories that all have one common theme told by the kind of articulate people found on KCRW and NPR. I haven’t heard this show in quite a while. One of my fondest feelings over the last few years was sitting around on a Saturday evening reading the early edition of the Sunday LA Times while listening to said show. My dad would always have KCRW on. He would usually be doing something in the kitchen or reading or doing the crossword puzzle. I miss that. The house I am in is not that kind of house. No KCRW. Not much “hangin’ out” amongst those who live here. And the “man” of the house does not resemble my dad in the slightest. I need someone to talk to about these sort of things. In fact Anna, who has lost her mother, wanted to get together at some point. I couldn’t really tell if she wanted it to be just friends with a painful commonality helping each other out or if she wanted a date. It was very hard to tell. Anyway, she asked me like three weeks ago and nothing has yet to happen. I’m starting to think that nothing will. Girls are confusing. Anyway, seeing my brother should help things out. And if not, he’s gettin’ it right in the stomach.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?