Saturday, January 03, 2004

A.J.'s Guide to Festive Holiday Philanthropy
(highlights from the previous Season)

I got Tim and my brother beer (isn't that some Disney movie that is out now?). Beers of the World from Cost Plus to be specific. Since I am still the 20 I had Carlos and Glenn go pick it up. They bought the beer and then proceeded to walk through the entire mall with it. People stared. I wish I could have seen. My brother returned the favour with a fantastic calendar called Ferret Frenzy. It contains pictures of ferrets in human situations such as buying a house and snowboarding.

Bobby Snakes got me two amazing presents. A Boston, the band, t-shirt and T2:The Arcade Game for Sega Genesis. I have yet to play the game but am currently wearing the shirt. I, on the other hand, bought some revenge for Mr. Snakes. Last year he bought me a Styx album. In theory this is a great idea. Turns out he bought me the 20th Century Masters Greatest Hits Collection which is the worst greatest hits cataloging group in the world. They forgot to put the "hits" on the album. So I bought Bobby Koyanisqatsi, a movie with no plot, dialogue, actions, or people. Only pictures of modern society set to the music of Philip Glass for 2 hours.

Katie Snakes received more cheap furniture from me. I'm afraid this might take some of the fun out of Chair Day this year.

In return for a new (old) video card and an OutKast DVD, Brad received a copy of The Millionaire Next Door in paperback. That is possibly the most personalized gift I have ever given.

Kathy Snakes got a wicker basket 'cause God knows we need more wicker in this house.

Anna received jello. I left it above her locker in a bag and shoved a note inside of said locker saying to take the bag. She saw the jello before the note and the thought Who's jello is that? I wonder if anyone would notice if I just took it ran through her head. I get the same way about popcorn, and obvious puns.

Anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?