Sunday, January 25, 2004

At Sears we have these things called Missing Merchandise Reports, or MMR’s if you will. They’re our way of informing the bigwig Sears fat cats what has been stolen. Evidence of such activity would be an empty package, for instance, but in most cases they are sales tickets from pieces of clothing. I’m not sure this is really an accurate way to determine what has been stolen. My conjecture is that kids just like to pull things apart and thus the tags we find most of the time are victims of this tendency. Anyway, we use to just collect the tickets in one of the drawers at the cashwrap and when there were quite a lot of them or one of us cashiers was just bored, we would do an MMR.

The other day I found at the cashwrap a paper saying that we were now to do MMR’s whenever evidence of missing merchandise was found. At the bottom was the picture of an MMR sheet, just so we knew what we were supposed to fill out. Fair enough. When I came to work the next day this paper had been taken down.

So I’m cleaning out the drawers tonight when we closed and I find like 5 MMR’s. I then notice that one of them isn’t actually written up on the correct form. One of the other cashiers had filled out the picture of an MMR form on the bottom of the paper saying that we are supposed to fill out MMR’s, not an actual MMR. Hold on… I just realized that this was just moderately funny to me, and probably really boring to anyone else reading this. Oh well. I’ve already written quite a bit and I don’t want it to be for naught. I’m posting it. And the jokes on you, because when you finally realize that there is nothing at all interesting about this post you’ll already be finished reading it. Ya’ll got rocked!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?