Saturday, December 20, 2003

A.J.’s Adventures in Political Correctness

• A few weeks ago I was at Sears when this guy came up and asked where the fryers were. Strangely as it may sound to anyone who has seen me at work, I actually know where the fryers are. So I point him in the right direction and he heads on over. A few minutes later he returns and says he can’t find them, so I give him more elaborate directions on where to find them. He heads off, and then returns. Did I happen to mention that he was Asian? He was. On his final return I discovered that low and behold he was not looking for “fryers� but instead “flyers�. After I handed him an ad and he walked away I proceeded to bust up.

• I was in my recording class a few weeks back when Julian, the instructor, instructed that someone put up a mic for a vocal overdub. Richard and Gabe, two other students in the class, take on the task. (Gabe has a fanny pack on at all times. Not pertinent to the story, but pertinent to understanding the essence of Gabe.) I head off to the bathroom to take care of some business. When I return I see Gabe doing something really stupid in front of the mic. I can’t remember what it was, but it was enough that I almost said, “Dude, you are such a retard.� I would have said that if my ears did not pick up the unmistakable sound of an actual retarded person talking about four feet away from me! I then walk past said person into another room and proceed to bust up.

Enough of that.

The other day Marie said that my face looks half punk and half minister and that dying my hair would upset this delicate balance in the direction of the miscreant. Sometimes I think girls are just makin’ this stuff up so that we think they have a better awareness of what is really going on. It’s like squant, the supposed fourth primary color that only some women can see. Anyway, I think it’s just due to my German blood. Speaking of punk ministers, Bill, who is in seminary right now, snuck some beer into Return of the King the other night. One of my friends ended up drinking it out of a bottle concealed by a sock. Bill is the man.

And speaking of German things, feety.com is some German webpage about feet. “Feety� is a word I often try to get away with in Boggle but have yet to succeed. How would you use said word?

Man, that caterpillar sure is feety.

Anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?