Saturday, February 01, 2003

A really weird thing happened in the Price household about an hour ago. My brother left for Washington this morning, yet his fish remain here. It is now up to my dad and I to feed them for the next week and a half.

I decided to feed them tonight. So I go to pick up the fish food and the cap comes off and the open container of flakes falls behind the wall unit. ban!!!!111 The wall unit is somewhat heavy. It is a giant wood contraption with a bunch of crap in/on it including a TV and of course a filled ten gallon fish tank.

So I move the wall unit a foot or two out from the wall and finagle my way through the stacks of records to the wall. Amazement!!! I find the flake container standing on the floor top side up. Then I see next to it a vintage flyer for RoadRunner cable internet service, and it is covered with fish flakes. What’s weird is that there are no more flakes in sight. All of them are either in the container or piled up nicely on the flyer. I pick them both up, construct a crude gutter out of the flyer, and pour the flakes back in. The fish are then fed and all is well again.

On a related note, I have a bit of a fish phobia. I don’t like going down aisles in aquarium stores with tanks on both sides. I also think I could never sleep in Peter's room which contains a tank large enough to fit half a dozen full grown men in it. I like furry things. Fish need to be more furrier.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?