Sunday, January 19, 2003

*****This was posted on Friday. Somehow it double posted, like some sort of strange bed. I had to delete the entry and republish it since I'm too much of a s < perfectionist > s to just leave it be. Anyway, that explains the date.*****

Happy Earthquake Day!!! Yup. I think it was nine years ago. I was woken up by a cup of water falling off the side table and landing on my head. A gas station up by my house exploded. There was very little traffic afterwards. We couldn't shower for a few days. A year later there was an even bigger quake in Japan. Well, it might have just been smaller and more efficient. They say fewer people we're injured than might have been since it was a holiday and few were makin' the work commute. It was Dr. King day. His birthday was actually on the fifteenth of January. My mom had the same birthday. The seventeenth of January was actually Kevin Leung's Birthday. He was one of my two best friends at Sepulveda in sixth grade. We were later in Mr. Van's AP Physics class senior year at Granada. He killed himself on December first in front of the school. About a year later another friend from Sepulveda, Myron Wise, died. He was hit by a bus. If you asked any of us who we thought the first to die would be, I'm pretty sure we would all have said John Clark. We were wrong.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?