Wednesday, January 22, 2003

So it turns out that in the last few years or so bike helmets have taken on the appearance of Darth Maul(sp?). I now own one of these helmets. I used to have a nondescript, forest green colored helmet. I made my friend, and brother’s girlfriend, Jeni wear it when she went riding with her new bike. She ended up actually using it. She’s fine now. But I have now entered into the world of bike paraphernalia.

I have bought lights for my bike. I have a 2.4 watt headlight on the front. It goes through 4 AA’s in about 3 and a half hours. I must purchase a battery charger now. I should also buy a U-lock. That is German for unter-lock. Or not. A new hand pump with a gauge and a water bottle are also not too far off in the future.

I am so bored lately. I think my work schedule is incompatible with everyone else, or they are just avoiding me. Maybe I should start wearing deodorant. I haven’t used any since Junior year. It made my sensitive skin irritated. Also, no one complained at all when I stopped using it, so it seemed like it wasn’t too useful in the first place. I also need new razors. I was tempted to buy the Rite-Aid Mach 3 knock offs today. I still might. When it comes to keeping up appearance I know that us men have it easier than women, but this still isn’t of much console when you’re staring at a $20 box of razors. That’s like 40 Jack-in-the-Box Tacos, or up to 100 Tina’s burritos. Maybe I’ll just Nair my face.

In other news, I got some new headphones. I figure that if I’m gonna be a music production major I should have a decent pair of cans. These ones are quite decent. The bass in Sk8ter Boi is amazing. I have also been able to find more instruments in Geggy Tah songs. This brings me to my next point.

A while ago Brad had a post proclaiming Cake the most underappreciated band around. I love Cake, and they are underappreciated, but Geggy Tah is much more so. They have the ability to mix rock, pop, jazz, r&b, prog, moogs, love songs to dogs, songs about eucalyptus, fishing with explosives, male pregnancy, the relationship of a children’s song to crack, desert power outs, binary lovers, and ever thing in between, around, near, far, and yet to exist. They can take a 2 second sample from one song and turn it into a completely different song of its own. And why settle for a guitar solo when you can double that solo on an organ while singing about the lifecycle of chicken nuggets? Unfortunately the most success they’ve had is that one of their songs, “Whoever You Are”, was used in a car commercial. I shall now leave you with some words of wisdom from Greg “Geggy” Kurstin and Tommy “Tah” Jordan.

“What side of the tracks are you on?
Both sides, because the world is round.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?