Thursday, November 14, 2002

There are few things that I really enjoy. One of these things is map reading.

I don’t know why, but there is something about just staring at a map that keeps me enthralled. Right now I currently have two maps hanging up in my room. One is of the Valley and another is of Southern California. It is actually a map of the entire state, but the state is split in half and put on opposite sides. I got the Valley map last year. Roman, my roommate, had put up a bunch of posters on the walls of our room. On the Road, Chemical Brothers, Usual Suspects, etc. So I decide I need something of mine on the wall. I called Woo and had him bring up a map of the Valley. I got many a student to gaze upon it with me. Unfortunately, it is like 10 years old, so some of it isn’t correct anymore. Rinaldi ends at Tampa, Mission College is in its old location, etc.

The map comes in useful now that I bike almost everyday. I’m doing about 150 miles a week. My legs have gotten a bit thicker and I’m beginning to take on a bit of a sagging pear shape. By Friday they are very tired. This excessive amount of riding has also caused my IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, to start acting up a bit more. Well, it’s a good thing I’m not lookin’ to impress anyone right now... a very good thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?