Thursday, November 07, 2002

So I talked to my friend Jeni for a while last night, longer than I have in quite a long time. Among other things, we ended up talking about the repercussions of my fear of social interaction, and my fear of helmet hair. Anyone with advice on either subject will be greatly rewarded, possibly with better social interaction and a better head of hair to look at. So, you may ask, what else is Andrew James Price afraid? Well….

•People
----Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate people. Most of my friends and family are people. I’m just scared of them. This either leaves people with a bad first impression of me, or no impression at all. My actual relating with a person is greatly affected by whether they find me funny or not. If I’m doin’ my regular shtick and they aren’t phased at all, I often feel like I’m being a jerk, just throwing stuff over their head to seem smart. Smarmy is the description that comes to mind. “Smarmy” is actually a pretty disgusting word.

•Helmet Hair
----When I have helmet hair and I haven’t shaved in a few days, I look like a stoner, which I do not like.

•Homeless Guys that Punch Me in the Stomach
----This has only happened once. What makes it really weird is that it was behind the old UA Theatre in Northridge. Somehow I managed to find one of the only homeless guys in Northridge, and he punched me in the stomach. But I love Berkeley bums.

•War of the Worlds and by extension The Front Bathroom in My House
----I saw the War of the Worlds movie when I was like 6 years old, and it scared the crap out of me. I wouldn’t go into a room without turning on the light first for years. What’s worse is that the heater in my bathroom looks exactly like the head thing of the alien spaceships in the movie, and it produces red light!!! I still don’t like going in there at night with only the heater on.

•New Things
----New things have the potential to be horrible, whereas old things are almost all great because you have ignored and forgotten the many of the crappy ones.

•Salad Dressing
----Anything that could turn something as healthy as a salad into a slimy ball of fat and vinegar is pure evil.

•The American Independent Party
----I’m not explaining that one

•Being Alone in My House
----My house is pretty much the only place where I can convince myself that something unexpected and bad can happen.

•Moving in the Dark
----I can’t see very well.

•Hordes of other Things
----By this I mean other stuff that I have not listed here, not just hordes. But I guess that I might be scared of hordes too.






P.S.
Me, Tim Bonbrake, DJ Bonebrake, Ray Manzarek, Jim Morrison.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?