Sunday, November 03, 2002

So the Halloween festivities began a week ago yesterday with Peter’s party. Peter has kind of a monopoly on the whole party thing in our nice little clique. Actually, they began much earlier with the production of Woo’s costume. He was Dr. Wiley, the one from the Mega Man games. He spent many, many hours making the costume, and I spent many, many hours with him, taunting him for putting so much effort into something so nerdish. But in the end, it turned out pretty cool, except for the lights. Word of advice, don’t use speaker wire for light wiring. Peter was supposed to be Mega Man, but it was more work than he was willing to put in, so he was a half wrapped mummy or something. Tim and David were the Blues Brothers. Tim just look like Tim until David showed up with the hat, handcuffs, and brief case. He then was magically transformed into Elwood. When David got into costume it was scary how much he looked like the late Mr. Belushi. Someone also dressed up as a tree, and Zeke was dressed up as the Puma Man. For background on that I suggest that all of you with fast internet connections download the episode of MST3K with the Puma Man. Highly recommended. Zeke, being Zeke and all, showed up at like three parties before Peter’s, parties where no one had any idea who the Puma Man was. Way to go, Zeke! I don’t think there were really any other costumes, except mine…

So the theme of Peter’s party was the Electronic Nightmare, so like a month prior when I heard this I made the decision to go a Bill Gates, possibly one of the scariest and greatest geniuses of the electronic age. But as the party approached I realized that I could not pull off a convincing Bill Gates and that even if I did no one would care because I would just be some guy in a sweater. I also didn’t have a convincing sweater. Bill Gates was out. What to do now?

So I’m sitting around at like 3 in the morning watching Bobby make his costume and it hits me. I have a cop uniform shirt and silver pants. There has to be something to do with those. I’ll give you a second to think. What could I be? Tick tock and such………… The T-1000!!!

I saw Terminator 2 for the first time like two months ago, so I guess it was fresh in my head, but the movie came out 11 years ago. This fit perfectly. I could make a costume that perfectly fit who I am. It would be thrown together at the last minute, not really make sense, not at all timely, totally hilarious, and completely brilliant, just like me. So I found a picture of a police badge online online, LAPD to remain true to the movie, printed it out and stitched it to my shirt. I put on the shirt an tucked it into my pants, the silver ones that were supposed to look like I was turning into liquid metal. Then I downloaded the Terminator 2 theme and made a tape of it that just repeated over and over. I put the tape into a tape player and stuck it in my shirt pocket. Then to finish it off I printed up a picture of the back of Tim’s head and stuck it in my other pocket. The act was to walk up to people, hit the play button, let that sink in a bit, and then pull out the picture and ask, “Have you seen this boy?” Peter bestowed upon me the genius award for the lameness and brilliance of the costume. I also found out I could fill dead gaps in conversation with hilarity just by playing the tape.

And kudos to Peter for a good party. Started out a bit slow, but picked up a lot later on. For about two hours there, there was something that I don’t think I’ve ever seen at a Peter party… a whole heck of a lot of people. And nothing really happened on the actual night of Halloween. I just worked. Anyway, I’m gonna wrap up my Halloweenieness with the Simpsons. Adieu.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?