Tuesday, November 12, 2002

I haven’t posted since the last “T” day, and you know that there can only be one explanation for that…

Wars!!!!!!!

Well, indirectly at least. I celebrated our Veterans in a variety of ways.

Friday I went to dinner with my GP’s from NC. BW came along too. On the way to the restaurant his IR ran out of gas. He had to restart it like 6 times to get to the GS. Pizza was had by all. It was also one of the rare occasions when I actually got home quite early on a Friday evening. I spent the rest of the night studying polar patterns.

Saturday I worked. It was my first day on the floor. Hoo-rah (sarcastic). Tim came down and surprised me. He tried to by a towel from me, but another cashier got him. Thus he bought a towel for no reason. We then proceeded to walk almost entirely around the Mall in the rain to get to his car. Carlos Menor was then consumed. The fries that were had were incredibly salty. A new gesture was then born.

The body gesture for “salt”, or “assault” depending on the situation, is the left arm bent upwards with a fist about level with the eyes. Other gestures include “Kahn”, same as “salt” but with right arm, “English Muffin”, similar to “Kahn” but with fingers pointed upwards and waving/flailing, and ”Screw You/Kill Me”, same as “English Muffin” but with left arm. Gestures can be combined for a variety of statements. “Salty English Muffin” for example.

After quite a bit of waiting for bobbywoo, the whole band left for Geetha’s partay. This partay actually turned out to be 2 segregated partays: One with brown/UCLA students and another with mainly white people. Yup. What was even worse than this great step backwards in racial harmony was that Peter brought his NES and bones were dropped. Awful… Awfully entertaining!!! Shiri also said that I look like Harry Connick Jr. Needless to say, this comes as a great surprise to me (more sarcasm). Whether she liked that or not was not stated though.

I worked on Sunday. I still have not read the comics yet. I should do that when I’m done here. I also attempted to eat some chicken sandwiches. I made some Grands buttermilk biscuits and then proceeded to stuff breaded chicken patties into them. I only made it through 1 ½ before I became incredibly full.

I worked again on Monday, wearing the same exact clothes as the prior day. I had to put someone’s information into the computer and they gave me a 555 number. I made no objections. Band practice was then had. We turned “Cane Toads” into a funk song and played about a 20 minute long “Ballad” with several instrument swaps. Woo, Tim, Glenn, and I later went to see “Jackass” with some free passes that Woo got because he is THE MAN or something. We enjoyed it, but I’m not sure about the couple of FIVE YEAR OLD CHILDREN!!! that sat in front of us.

I hope I’ll be a good parent.

I finished the weekend with going to see 3/5 of Peter’s band play at a coffee house in Pasadena. Go to www.splace.cc for a review straight from the horse’s, i.e. Peter’s, mouth.

Time for the comics. It’s good to see “Crankshaft” back in the Times. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh… affirmative.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?