Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Yesterday was amazing… amazingly stupid. I started at Sears, which consisted of me doing the online orientation. Apparently my worker ID number wasn’t ready yet, so the only orientation I got was basic Sears mission statement stuff. I didn’t learn anything about actually doing my job. It was around 5 hours of staring at a computer with an amazingly low refresh rate in a room where the light kept turning off. All this to tell me that Sears wants to build life long customers. On my break I went to the Apple Store and ran Virtual PC on a Power Mac with dual monitors. Lot’s of fun. But now to my real concern…

What happened to the apple juice? (In my house, not at the Apple store)

We bought four gallons of apple juice on Sunday, at 88 cents a piece, but only two have been accounted for. How is it possible to lose two gallons of apple juice? The worst part is that the more I look for it, the less other beverages seem to quench my thirst. Lame. For future reference, if you want to give me a beverage, please select one from the list below.

•Non-fat Milk (Low-fat will do in small quantities and sparse occasion. The addition of chocolate is also much appreciated)

•Water (w/ice, from the tap in LA, Bay Area tap tastes funny, and Catalina water makes me physically ill)

•Dr. Pepper (w/ice, paper cup preferred. Other containers listed in descending quality are glass, plastic cup, glass bottle, plastic bottle, and aluminum can. Other Colas will be drunk if no DP is available, mainly Pepsi and then Coke. No diet. Ever since aspartame was introduced they taste awful. Contrary to the add line, I believe Diet Dr. Pepper tastes the least like the original of any diet soft drink.)

•Apple Juice (chilled)

•Hot Chocolate (w/o ice)

•Soup (cheese flavoured)

If you offer me a drink not on the list, keep in mind that I am afraid of new things, very afraid.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?